Monday, March 17, 2008

There was something in the air that night, the stars were bright...

Yup, I admit it. I am an ABBA fan. It's not even one of those "oh i love ABBA, but in a sarcastic/ironic way". Nope, I definitely genuinely really like ABBA. Normally I would be worried about what that said about me, but not with this band, man. As it stands I can't think of many songs that bring me as much joy and happiness as 'Dancing Queen' and 'Fernando'. Those two songs in particular are like an aural sugar coma. After listening to them, I'm left with a feeling of tingling that is very reminiscent of consuming a high amount of sucrose. Interestingly enough, my love for ABBA doesn't mean I listen to them with much frequency. It's one of those things that on a random night, I'll feel compelled to do. Today's been one of those days. It probably has something to do with the fact that their drummer recently died on a kind of a freak accident. Also Frida and Agnetha singing just makes me tingly down there. Word.

No comments: