Monday, March 2, 2009

The Economy, Explained

Over the last three weeks I have been somewhat of a recluse. This is an unfortunate occurrence that is beyond my control. My new schedule keeps me at work during the ideal time of hanging out with friends. As a result, I have come to depend on This American Life as a means to connect with humanity. It's such a lovely program, I can't recommend it enough.

The reason I bring This American Life again is because over the last year they have had a handful of segments that explain what's going on in terms of the economy that are easy to understand. This week's episode focused on banks and why their collapse would be devastating for our economic system. Their explanation was concise and easy to understand. What did I deduce from all of this? Well, quite frankly we're fucked.

Please check out the episode here. It will help give you a better understanding of what's going on.

No comments: